Aweful game. There is no way around it. We went into the lion's den tonight and got eaten alive. Here are a couple thoughts for anyone who cares......
Everyone better hope Max Pacioretty is O.K. As much as I hate Montreal, I will never wish an injury upon one of their players. I can't see this upcoming ruling going in Zdeno Chara's favor, because of how bad the hit actually looked. But I can't see how that was intentional.
The Centre Bell is a tough barn to play in. They always get up for the game when the Bruins are in town. They are loud and obnoxious and that helps the Habs a lot. The Habs have had our number this year.
Right from the outset of this contest, Carey Price was on his game. Saved everything that came his way, minus Looch's borderline garbage time goal. When this kid is hot, he is hot. Same when he is not, he is not. But he was hot tonight.
The Bruins offense was garbage all night. All of their shots came from the perimeter, they couldn't handle passes consistently, and they were getting out-physicalled almost the whole time. (Oh hey, whats up RMC)
Personally, I think the power play has gotten worse since the Kaberle addition. The forwards on the man advantage are WAY too stagnant. No movement down low as they expect Kaberle to do all the work for them. Movement unclogs the seems and leads to more opportunities.
AND.... A growler of ale makes the loss easier to handle.
With the loss, the Bruin's lead in the division is cut to three. Don't even start thinking about thinking about pushing the panic button as this is the first game in 9 where they have failed to gain at least a point. Just gotta bring a solid effort on Thursday because Todd will be in attendance at the Garden and he wants his monies worth.
No comments:
Post a Comment